Awahuri Forest-Kitchener Park Trust Position
Manawatu District Council established the Awahuri Forest- Kitchener Park Trust in 2014 to assist in the ecological restoration, management and enhancement of the land at Kitchener Park and is seeking applications to fill Trustee positions on the board. Expressions of interest in the position of chairperson are also invited.
Trustees must have an interest in supporting the Trust to achieve its purpose through promotion and enhancement of the scenic reserve.
Council is seeking to obtain individuals who possess the following skills:
- An understanding and appreciation of: ecology and protection of the natural environment
- An ability to think strategically
- Business skills, including an understanding of the relationship between governance and management
- Legislative requirements of Council Controlled Organisations under section 5 of the LGA 2002
- Financial knowledge and requirements
- Business planning
- Clear communicator
- Team player