Chief Financial Officer
- Make your mark in our community
- Drive our financial strategy and policy
- Apply your financial expertise, pragmatism and initiative
As our Chief Financial Officer, you'll provide direction, oversight and guidance on all areas of Council's finances.
We're a medium-sized Council with big heart, and we're ambitious for our community, which means we need financial strategies and policies to match.
The role is one of our senior leadership group, reporting to our General Manager - Corporate and Regulatory. You'll be responsible for a team of dedicated finance staff, who'll you'll support to continue their good work and professional development.
You'll need to bring with you:
- Demonstrable experience working at a senior finance level
- Membership of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, at a Chartered Accountant level
- A thorough understanding and practical knowledge of good financial management systems and processes, ideally with a Local Government context
- Strong knowledge of the NZ equivalents to International Public Sector Accounting Standards
- Ideally some people leadership experience
- The ability to see the big picture, without being afraid to delve into the detail
- A practical approach and a sense of humour
Here at Manawatu District Council, we're committed to doing right by our community, which means having sound financial practices and smooth internal finance operations.
At MDC you'll find supportive colleagues, flexibility, professional development opportunities, a genuinely family friendly work environment, and a culture where our Chief Executive is equally at home chatting to people in the cafeteria over lunch as he is leading the formal meetings and driving the strategic direction.
To find out more, call Shayne Harris (General Manager - Corporate and Regulatory) on 06 323 0000 or visit our website.