Intermediate or Senior Planning Officer
The Manawatu district is experiencing continued growth with 33% increase in residential dwellings and 15% increase in resource applications over the last year.
If you embrace progress and development, and want to play a role in the growth of the Manawatu District , then you will feel at home in our regulatory team. We are in search of an experienced Intermediate or Senior Planning officer to join our planning team in an exciting time of growth and development in our district.
We need you to have relevant experience and skills such as:
- Extensive knowledge of the Resource Management Act, particularly on resource and subdivision contents
- Ideally 5-10 years practical experience in resource management consent processing
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent skills and proficiency in a range of computer systems and software, and electronic record management systems
- Experience in applying engineering standards and codes to subdivisions consent conditions
- Proven report writing and confident communication skills
- Competence in preparing evidence and presenting at hearings
- The ability to embrace change and continuous improvement
We can present you with an exciting challenge and the opportunity to contribute to the success of our team, our organisation and the growth of our district.
The Manawatu District Council strives to be a successful, future-oriented organisation. We aim to provide a professional service and be able to adapt and respond to the ever-changing local government environment, while providing you with a rewarding and enjoyable workplace.