Library Engagement and Digital Programme Co-ordinator
Full-time, fixed-term position until 30 June 2022
Manawatu District Libraries develop and deliver a wide range of services to our community. We are in an exciting phase as we continue to place a strong focus on ensuring our services are relevant for all in our communities now, and into the future.
Our Library plays an important role in helping individuals and our community to connect with resources that help people to develop the confidence and skills needed to fully participate in society.
We are looking for a people person to join our Library Services Team. You will facilitate the provision of opportunities for learning, skill-building and social interaction through digital programmes and events, bridging the digital divide and increasing digital literacy within the community. You will also promote the library through printed and online resources, and manage the Feilding Library social media accounts and online presence.
To be successful in this role we need someone who has:
- Strong and proven experience in delivering youth/adult/senior education programmes, opportunities and events
- Proficiency in development of digital learning programmes, opportunities, experiences and resources
- Demonstrated competence in the use of technology and digital resources
- Knowledge of libraries as a community hub
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to successfully communicate with a wide variety of people in a culturally sensitive and professional manner
If this role sounds like you, we would LOVE to hear from you!