Pou Taupua (Cultural Programme Co-ordinator) - Libraries
Full-time fixed-term position until 30 June 2022
Manawatu District Libraries is passionate about people and communities, and their ability to preserve and tell their own stories. We are working towards partnering with Maori in this space to learn from their generations of experience in sharing and preserving history. We are excited about our journey ahead!
We are looking for a people person to join our Library Services Team, to facilitate opportunities for learning, knowledge sharing, skill-building and social interaction through programming, activities and events that promote kaupapa Maori eg Te Reo Maori, Tikanga Maori and Te Ao Maori.
To be successful in this role we need someone who has:
- Proficiency in Te Reo Maori, and familiarity with Te Ao and Tikanga Maori
- Knowledge of libraries as a community hub
- Strong and proven experience in programme and/or event development and management.
- Strong and proven experience in developing, maintaining and leveraging community and stakeholder relationships.
- A personable demeanour that encourages a sense of whakawhanaungatanga (relationship building)
- An approach that aligns with the principle of Kaitiakitanga (protection)
- A manner that is reflective of manaakitanga (care and concern)
Manawatu District Libraries develop and deliver a wide range of services to our community. We are in an exciting phase as we continue to place a strong focus on ensuring our services are relevant for all in our communities now, and into the future.
Our Library plays an important role in helping individuals and our community to connect with resources that help people to develop the confidence and skills needed to fully participate in society.
If this role sounds like you, we would LOVE to hear from you!