Asset Management Engineer - Utilities
Manawatū District Council (MDC) is seeking someone to provide specialist support to the Asset Management Team Leader and the Utilities Manager to support the delivery of asset management functions for the Three Waters activities (Water, Wastewater and Stormwater).
Manawatū District Council strives to be a successful, future-oriented organisation providing services that benefit our communities to support a connected, vibrant and thriving Manawatū. Our vision is for the Manawatū to have the best rural lifestyle in New Zealand.
MDC operates a shared service agreement with Rangitikei District Council (RDC), asset management functions along with project delivery and maintenance operations are managed by MDC across both districts.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- NZ Diploma in Engineering (Civil), or equivalent
- A theoretical and applied Three Waters knowledge based on academic, and professional expertise, supported by 5+ years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Asset Management Systems with good understanding of asset management processes, technology trends and best practices
- Exposure to writing and reviewing asset management plans
- Ability to support the development of long term forward work programmes and budget accordingly within a local government
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Computer skills in corporate systems and applications
- Current full driver's license
In return for your skills and enthusiasm we will provide, an attractive salary, on-going professional development opportunities and an awesome working environment.